Sunday, March 6, 2011

Double Double Toil and Trouble


I have one younger brother. I have a family of four. Growing up in small town Helena Montana my brother and I got along very well. We would always get these comments of people telling my mom that she was so lucky that her two children got along and didn’t have any behavioral problems with each other blah blah blah. To us it didn’t mean anything, my brother was simply my best friend. And we got along great and we would play and shoot the shit together.

But there was one time I can remember of us not getting along, I wouldn’t call it flyting but it was close. I am three years older than Tim so growing up I would always ask him to do random things for me. Pretty much because I was lazy. And I can admit that I’m lazy. So when I was lazy I would ask Tim to get me something, ask my mom a question, get my shoes etc you get the picture. One day when he was about seven it was finally sinking in that I kinda would ask Tim to do random things for me even though I was fully capable of doing it myself, Tim says to me “Ah Lisette you know I’m not your slave and I will not do anything for you anymore.” I said ok and let it sit for a couple of days, and then I would ask him to do something for me again. Then about a month later he realizes that I keep asking him to do things, and says that he refuses to do anything more me anymore! Ha

This is really the only time I can think of me picking on Tim. Of course we have picked on each other a little here and there, but there was not name calling, physical violence or anything of that matter. We have been blessed in the fact that we have a really great relationship. He is my best friend; he knows things that others don’t. So overall we have a one of a kind relationship that is clearly not everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment