Sunday, March 6, 2011

Food, Clothing and Shelter



What do I really need in my life? this is so funny and hits close to home, because my mom would always say to me when I said I wanted something “Lisette do you need, or do you want that? What do you really need in this life, that I brought you into?” and then I would feel like crap for asking if I could even have the item that I wanted. Then she chimes in with some smart comment, that she has provided everything that I must need in my life.

Now there is a running joke in my family if I really need all that I have. And I say no mother I just need food clothing and shelter. Which in turn is true, but what if all I need in my life, is what I don’t know what I need. Can I really pin point something that I need in my life and I will die without? The one thing I need in my life, and will die without is food. Done. But having a nice house, and nice clothes and the newest ipad is all nice things to have.

They say money does not buy happiness, which is true to a certain extent. I say some times with a heavy heart, that material items make me happy. I love having all the nice clothes, jewelry that sparkles, a nice tv to watch all of my fav shows on. All these make me happy. But really do I need all these things? And I know for a fact that I can get along with just the things that I need to get by, food, clothing, and shelter. Because growing up we were not the most materialistic family on the block. So I’ve been there. I know what it’s like growing up with very little. Just the few things I need. Food, clothing and shelter. Everything I have need in my life my mother and father have provided. So I know that even though college they will give me what I need.

But then maybe Morgan was right. All we need is… Love


*Picture of my mom and I at Glacier National Park this past summer

No comments:

Post a Comment