Saturday, March 19, 2011

Books Books Books!


So one would think because of spring break I have no homework and my teachers gave me a break. Ha yea right. Think again. I have a very detailed lesson plan due when I get back, a paper to write on a very depressing book. And I am avoiding that paper, because I do not want to be depressed this break, so the next best thing is to sit in the library and blog. I love the public library in Helena. It is such a wonderful place to walk around, look at books, chat with the people I know here, and then go into a corner and read a book.

Well I came to the library to get some work done, because I know I would not get it done at home, plus I wanted to get out of the house. First on my things to do was to blog about Antony and Cleopatra. So I go to the Shakespeare section of the library to take out the play (because I was not going to bring home my big door stop of a book, just to write a blog) and I knew the library would have it. Oh my gosh, they not only just have Antony and Cleopatra, but they have every book ever published on, about, regarding anything about Shakespeare! It takes up three whole shelves. I don’t know why I was so surprised, I just was.

I came across a book called Becoming Shakespeare –The Unlikely Afterlife That Turned A Provincial Playwright Into the Bard by Jack Lynch. Just thumbing through this book makes me laugh! Some of the chapters are just to funny. Such as Forging Shakespeare, Domesticating Shakespeare, and Worshiping Shakespeare. It was all to funny to keep to myself.

Another thing that I have to share is that I am a very organized person. I keep all of my ideas on sticky notes. I have Hello Kitty sticky notes everywhere in my room. I like to write down my ideas because I’m too afraid that I will forget them. So now I have discovered a little sticky note application on my computer. I will now use this to write down my blog ideas. I always find myself having ideas to blog about and only half of my ideas get “published” we will say. So not that I have this sticky note application and still 3 good days left of my spring break I guess we will see what does get published! 

No comments:

Post a Comment