Thursday, January 13, 2011

What don't I know about Shakespeare-- Ha yea..

What do i Know.... ahhh....
Unforutnally it is not a lot. I wish I knew more. But the only thing I was taught about Shakespeare was what was taught in high school. And we all know that, that really goes along way with life. Since upon coming to college I have read a few plays for my classes and I have enjoyed them.

But the only works that stand out to me from Shakespeare is what was in high school. Of course we read the “tragedy” Romeo and Juliet which is so bastardized to me in life. I did not like nor enjoy the two weeks that was taken to read the play. The annoying girl in my glass was of course Juliet and so I had to listen to her for two weeks straight. And that only made my opinion on this play bitterer. I don’t want to listen to some girl mess up the line, and act like she is the shit just because she is reading the star part in the play. (high school politics are a pretty big deal ha) Why does this girl get seniority over me. She can’t even read it without messing up. But still without this girl reading the play I still don’t like it. The “star crossed lovers” are selfish and they are only in it for themselves. Not only do I have this opinion, this play is read in high schools all over ‘Merica. Is it really one of Shakespeare’s greatest work. Why do I care that two families are fighting over two people who should not be together… I would rather watch Westside Story and get the same idea, and plot line—sorry but it’s the truth.

So I am excited to branch out of society and read works that are unknown to the average 16 year old reading Shakespeare in high school. (sorry kids) I want to love Shakespeare, so by taking this class I plan on loving him and getting to “know” him. And I happen to love this blogging thing. So you will be reading plenty from this girl. Get used to it. Ha ha 

No comments:

Post a Comment